Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Matamuska Lake Paddle

 It was a beautiful day to paddle my kayak around Matanuska Lake. The boat ramp is very steep and in the past, I couldn't easily take my kayak or canoe down there without dragging it or putting it on wheels. They have now added some wooden stairs on one side to make it easier. But now I have my folding kayak, so none of that was a problem. I was able to easily carry it down by its handle. There is a flat spot just above the stairs, so I assembled it on that spot and carried the boat down the stairs by the handle. It was a perfect day to be out there. The water was mostly smooth as glass. I saw a number of people out there swimming and using paddle boards. I tracked the distance with AllTrails and found it is about 2 miles around the lake. I heard loons but never saw them. A few other ducks passed by too. So beautiful out there today.





No comments:

Post a Comment