Sunday, August 20, 2023

Canoe Lake Paddle

 After the long climb up to Snowbird yesterday, I made today a day of relaxing adventure. I've been wanting to check out a nice little lake called Canoe Lake that is just a few miles from my home in Palmer. There is a very short trail to the lake from the parking lot. But with my new origami kayak, that was a an easy little portage. It was a nice calm day with not a ripple on the lake. I paddled all the way around the perimeter of the lake, which measures just over one mile. I startled a few ducks and saw a few fish jump. But other than that, I felt totally alone and in a peaceful quiet sanctuary. There are a few homes that border the lake, but they are all fairly high above the lake. The lake itself seems to have been created in a deep hole between ridges made by the same receding glaciers that created the Crevasse Moraine Trail system. It's a lovely little place.





No comments:

Post a Comment