Sunday, April 7, 2019

Mainly Marathons Riverboat Series Day 1

This was the first day of the Riverboat series of 7 marathons, 7 days and 7 states.  This first one was in Winnsboro, Louisiana. It was nice weather, but did get a little warm during the second half.  I really hoped to make good time and beat 6:30.  But I was exhausted from the long overnight flight from Alaska including multiple flight delays, coupled with going from a month of night shift to sleeping at night plus the 3 hour time difference.  I did well the first half but got easily distracted by my friends and found myself taking too many walk breaks to chat with friends.  But I felt good at the end.

This series is important to me because it includes races in Arkansas and Kentucky, two of the 4 states I am still missing on my quest to finish all 50 states.  With a little bit of luck, I should be able to scratch those two off my list.

Today's course was beautiful and green through a lovely park amid the yellow mustard flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment