Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Windy!

It's 30 degrees, but there seems to be some unwritten weather rule that the temperature must match the wind speed because the wind was about 30 mph.  So it was quite chilly in one direction but nice in the other.  First I went all the way down to the river bank as a warm-up through the snow drifts.  Then I ran along the Dalton Highway.  The conditions were great on the road.  I ran back and forth from the mile post 411 to 412 until I reached 5 miles.



Last night I discovered the stepper machine in the hallway at work.  I really need something to get me through the boring slow weather nights at work.  I used it every hour after my weather observation went out.  I did 12 minutes of hill climbing each time for a total of 840 floors, 8 times for 96 minutes. I was pretty tired after doing that all night.  But it seems like a great way to prepare for the Great Wall Marathon and Mt Aconcagua!


No comments:

Post a Comment