Wednesday, March 6, 2019

6 Miles along the Haul Road

It was 21 degrees and only a little wind today.  I can't believe how warm it's been this month up here in Deadhorse.  I ran along the trail out to the river.  I felt like doing a little exploring so I went out to the mound on the other side of the small branch of the river that cuts through the trail.  I always wanted to go over there but it's not possible in summer.  There's nothing there of course, but now I can say I've been there! I also ran through the gravel pit for some variety.  Along the road was the smoothest and best running surface, but I just felt like doing a little exploring today.  I took way to long to cover the 6 miles, but I enjoyed myself, so I don't really care if my time was slow!

Not really the Brooks Range, just a mound in the gravel pit!

This is one of the nicest views I've taken of the Haul Road itself in this area.  I love how the sun was lighting up the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment