Friday, March 1, 2019

5 Miles on the Dalton Highway

I'm back in Deadhorse for the month of March.  It was pretty cold today, about 5 degrees.  But it was really calm and not a cloud in the sky.  Since it's the middle of winter I assumed I would only be running on the treadmill.  But it was such a gorgeous day.  I just couldn't face the treadmill.  So I bundled up and drove down the road to the place I often run in the summer.  That little road was quite hard packed.  So I parked there and ran up and down that road and along the Dalton Highway for 5 miles.  My feet got kind of cold, but otherwise I felt great and it was a wonderful place to run.  It sure beat the treadmill.  So I'll try to run outdoors when it's possible.  I think it would even be possible to run around the lake so I will try that if I get another nice day like today.


No comments:

Post a Comment