Saturday, March 2, 2019

Sag River Trail

It was really cold again today, but at 7 degrees didn't seem too unreasonable, since yesterday was the same and I had a nice run outside.  But as the time wore on the wind increased.  By the time I reached my 5 miles, it was close to 20 mph.  My feet and face were really cold. My phone even shut off even though the battery still had a lot of charge.  But it did record my run before it kicked off. I think I need warmer pants and maybe warmer shoes if I'm going to continue trying to run outside around here in Deadhorse.  I suspect I'll be moving to the treadmill tomorrow.

I ran along the little 1/3 mile trail that goes from the Haul Road to the Sagavanirktok River. In one direction it was downwind but the other it was right into the wind. I was kind of happy to be done with my 5 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment