Thursday, March 21, 2019

5 Treadmill Miles

It's still below zero with significant wind, so ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  I've decided to finally climb Mt Aconcagua in the Andes.  I registered to climb the Ameghino Valley Route with Aventuras Patagonicas.
https://patagonicas.com/expeditions/aconcagua/ameghino-valley/

With that goal in mind for January 2020, I need to increase my fitness training. It definitely gives me a fitness goal more than simply marathon running.  I am currently registered for 18 marathons for the rest of 2019.  But I want to add some significant weight training and of course some climbing as soon as I get home from the flat lands here in Deadhorse.

One of my favorite sayings is "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours" By Richard Bach from Illusions.  I'm keeping that in mind as people tell me I'm too old to run marathons and climb the highest mountain in the Western and Southern Hemispheres.

I've got this!




ACONCAGUA MOVIE 2018 SEASON from Rodrigo Mujica on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment