Tuesday, March 5, 2019

5 Miles Along the Dalton Highway

I almost took today off.  I woke up feeling extra tired and unambitious.  But finally decided I should take advantage of another fairly warm and calm day.  13 degrees, but not much wind.  I only ran 5 miles, but it was kind of tough. It was very overcast and the light was so flat that at times I had trouble seeing the drifts along the trail down to the river.  I ran about half the distance on the trail and half on the actual highway. I like the trail because it is totally desolate, but the road is a better running surface.  But on the road I do have to deal with an occasional truck.  There doesn't seem to be much truck traffic right now though. The road is frozen so when the trucks go by, they don't kick dust and rocks in my face like they do in the summer. 

Not much of a view out there today.


No comments:

Post a Comment