Saturday, April 13, 2019

Mainly Marathons Riverboat Series Day 7

The last day!  Day 7 of the 7 days, 7 marathons, 7 states.  Today we ran in Vienna, Illinois.  This course was a nice long flat straight path through the woods.  I ran most of the way, pushing myself to go as fast as I could for as long as I could.  I'm really worn out but still running.  Not very fast but at least still running.  I was glad to beat the incoming storm too.  I ran into that full force while driving back to Memphis to catch my morning flight.  By the time I got to Memphis my flight had been canceled due to a huge band of thunderstorms and tornadoes racing through the entire area.  We were so lucky that it didn't come a few days earlier and ruin the entire series.  The 200 mile drive was horrifying though a torrential downpour with lightning flashing all around.  At times I could hardly see the road. But the weather was fine for the race. I did feel a few light sprinkles during my last lap, but I was on my way before it hit Vienna.

My marathon count is now 132 total and I have another cute long Mainly Marathons medal to add to my collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment