Monday, April 8, 2019

Mainly Marathons Riverboat Series Day 2

This was one of my essential races because now I only need three more states.  Today's run was in Lake Village, Arkansas. It was a very challenging race because it poured rain almost the entire time, including thunderstorms with lightning flashing all around us.  I've heard of marathons being shut down if there is lightning so I was really happy that in spite of the possibility of us all being stuck by lightning and killed, we were able to run!  Anything to finally get Arkansas.  It was my second attempt at this state.  I was not only drenched all day, the path had standing water in most places and my shoes and feet were soaked.  I ended up with a gigantic blister on the bottom of my right foot.  I suspect that will cause problems for the rest of the races.  I ended up walking almost the entire course because I just found it too difficult to run in those conditions.


No comments:

Post a Comment