Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Mainly Marathons Riverboat Series Day 3

Race number 3 of the series was a lovely park in Hollandale, Mississippi.  Unfortunately there was not a store in the area that had sufficient bandage material to handle my mega blister.  But I did tape it and bandage it the best way I could, after draining the fluid out of it.  It was painful, but I was able to ignore it enough to finish the race. 

There was a lot of standing water everywhere left over from the storms from yesterday.  The entire area is on tornado watch, which I didn't find terribly comforting.  But no tornadoes came through to interrupt our progress. I walked a bit but also pushed myself as much as possible to at least get a good long run workout in preparation for Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon in two weeks.  That one actually has a time limit of 6:30.  But I certainly didn't beat that today.  On multiple back to back marathons, I never have a good finish time.  But I enjoy the time spent with friends on these races, which makes up for lack of speedy finish times.


No comments:

Post a Comment