Friday, April 12, 2019

Mainly Marathons Riverboat Series Day 6

Today we crossed the Mississippi into Missouri to Cape Girardeau, Missouri. After struggling with those hills yesterday, I enjoyed a very flat course.  I ran the whole way, no walk breaks and pushed as much as I could.  My blister was no longer hurting and I even left the bandages off.  I was still much slower than I want to be, but over an hour faster than each of the last three races.  I felt good about this one.  I know I got a good workout and a good long training run out of it.  I'm looking forward to finishing the last one tomorrow.  I am getting quite tired, but really enjoying visiting with the other runners. My feet ache!

I love the flowering trees in this area.  I don't know what they are but they sure are beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment