Friday, June 13, 2014

Colleen Lake

Finally!  An absolutely splendid day for a nice 5 mile run outdoors around Colleen Lake here in Deadhorse.  It was 52 degrees with a light wind blowing.  There is still plenty of ice on the lake but lots of open water too.
Colleen Lake
It must have seemed to be an unusual sight to a couple of men in a company pickup truck. They stopped in the middle of the road while I was running and the passenger held out his cell phone, obviously taking my picture or maybe even a video.  I waved as I ran by. 

On the east side of the lake I must have also been an unusual sight to a loon out on the lake.  He yelled at me until I was completely out of sight!  I saw a few tiny phalaropes spinning around on the water and flying quickly by me as I passed along the road.  It was a wonderful day to absorb some sun and enjoy a fix of the great outdoors.

The road was nice and dry finally. Although there is some pretty deep standing water along the driveways as I left the Prudhoe Bay Hotel.  It may be a while before that disappears.
Along the west side of the lakeside road
I was so happy to finally really get to stretch my legs on real ground instead of the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment