Sunday, June 1, 2014

Back in Prudhoe Bay

I'm back to work in Deadhorse now. The weather is so terrible and it is so muddy, not to mention snowing, freezing rain, and high winds, that I had to resort to the treadmill today for my workout.  I am still feeling pretty tired from the combination of two marathons and the Shikoku Pilgrimage in between plus the plane trip completely around the world.  So I just went for a simple 3 miles on the treadmill today to see how I felt.  I bought new running shoes that I hope to use on the Northwest Passage Marathon, so I wore them today.  The run went great, no pain, shoes were great.  So maybe I can be productive this month in my training so that it doesn't take me all day to run my next marathon.  It's great just to finish, but I don't like the stress of wondering if I will be too slow for an official time.

No comments:

Post a Comment