Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Slow Pace

I did another 5 miles today and did it at a pretty slow pace.  I kept getting odd pains in my ankle and my knee.  A quick stretch seemed to stop it though. 
I also had a lovely walk about 3/4 mile from the Prudhoe Bay Hotel to Conam to pick up the company car that I left there this morning for service.  That was quite an adventure in itself.  It was 10 below zero with a 20 knot wind blowing. The wind chill was about -40 but fortunately it was to my back most of the way.  It was snowing hard, and very drifted along the side of the road.  Sometimes I was walking on glare ice and other times in snow almost to the top of my boots.  It gave me a renewed appreciation for our company car. I would hate to have to walk back and forth to work every night in the winter.  And honestly, it is pretty much always winter up here.

The training schedule says 8 miles for tomorrow.  I'm going to try to stick with the schedule for the rest of this week. We had an interesting conference call with the rest of our Team In Training Flex team that is going to Paris.  It got me excited for the trip.  It hasn't quite hit me yet that I am actually going to Paris in a little over one week!

Also, Team In Training has already brought in close to $200,000 for this Paris Marathon.  Awesome!

Go Team!

 

3 comments:

  1. Howdy I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am here now
    and would just like to say thanks for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it
    all at the minute but I have saved it and also
    added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please
    do keep up the awesome work.

    Visit my web blog ... meilleure serrurerie Stremler

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter if some one searches for his essential thing, therefore he/she needs to
    be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.


    my site _GET["a"] Array ( [0] =>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good writeup. It in reality used to be a
    amusement account it. Glance complicated to far brought
    agreeable from you! However, how could we keep in touch?


    Visit my web-site :: Serrurier Vourtimeri

    ReplyDelete