Friday, March 22, 2013

5 Miles

I ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  It must have been really hot in the exercise room because I was soaking wet the entire time. However, it is -22 outside! I think it was more of a stress relief run than a training run. The government sequester budget cuts have left my job in total limbo.  I don't know if we will even have a contract, or when and if I will get to go home.  That is really important to be because I need to fly to Paris on April 4th for the Paris Marathon.  I have been training for this for months and it will be very disappointing if I can't go.  The FAA has announced that it will be closing 149 air traffic control towers in a couple of weeks.  The impact to aviation safety will be devastating. Eliminating our job of weather reporting will be life threatening for pilots and passengers.  So we wait and wonder.  Running helped me to deal with it for yet another day.


"Today is a poor day for Outdoor Fitness!"  Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment