Monday, March 18, 2013

Pain Free

Finally, I just ran 5 miles and my ankle didn't hurt.  It seems like everything else kind of hurt, but my ankle felt fine!  It seemed like my knees and calves were a little achy today, but nothing serious.  I slept a little too late again today, but in reality I just got a good 8 hours of sleep.  That's probably better than forcing myself to wake up after 5 or 6 hours just to get in a good run. I hope I can get a chance to do a little bit of running on real ground before I go to Paris. If we get a decent day up here in Deadhorse I may even try to sneak in a short outdoor run just to see how it feels.  Today it is -20 so not a good day for that!

I'm just dreaming of the Paris Marathon, and also the Reykjavik Marathon in August. I wish I could run a marathon every weekend. But next I need to sign up with Team In Training and get another event after I finish the Paris Marathon.  I don't want to ever lose sight of the ultimate goal.  With all the problems of this world, it would be wonderful to get rid of one big one - the miserable curse of cancer.

Train Endure Achieve Matter - No More Cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment