Tuesday, March 5, 2013

10 Today

I am very happy knowing that I was able to run 10 miles today.  It was slow and I had to pause and stretch a couple of times.  I am kind of limp running, and sometimes it causes odd cramps in my good leg.  However, my ankle is feeling better every single day.  I do think in another week, it may be close to back to normal.  I don't know if I will really be able to fully make up for my lost training time, but I will give it my best shot.  I guess that's all I can do. 

I really like running with music but on marathons, my iPhone battery seems to just make it when using it with Nike+ so I am afraid to try using music too.  I'm going to solve that problem by getting a tiny iPod Shuffle and using that just for music on my next marathon.  I haven't checked if earphones are ok on the Paris Marathon so I hope they are.  I can tell that I run faster with music.  That may be what it takes to get me to run that race within the time limit.

I'm sure thankful for the treadmill here.  It is phase 1 weather with howling blowing snow at 10 below zero.

I made it to the next level on Nike+ 5000 km, and now the black level.  That is kind of a nice little milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment