Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Malala

I only had time to do a short 3 mile run again today.  I was caught up in taking care of business concerning damage to my house nearly 1000 miles away.  I have been very stressed from dealing with inconsiderate and unreliable workers to the point where it has been difficult to even face them on the phone or through E-mail. 

But today I thought about Malala Yousafzai, who at only 14 years of age had the courage to stand up to the Taliban and even get shot and nearly killed for it.  If she is not afraid to face the Taliban just for the right to go to school, then I guess I don't need to be afraid of some construction contractor! So I spoke up and am hiring someone else.


Now maybe I won't have to waste so much of my precious workout time worrying about my house or any material things for that matter.  Tomorrow I hope to finally do a long run.  Fighting cancer is the most important thing to me right now.

It's time to fight the real enemy, cancer.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment