Thursday, December 13, 2012

Kind of Pokey Today!

I was really dragging my feet on the treadmill today.  Not sure why either because I didn't run yesterday.  Lots of stress going on lately so I think it was my brain that was dragging more than my body.  I did get in another 5 miles though.  I have been having trouble sleeping so end up waking up too late for a long run.  I would love to get in a good 15 mile long run but there just isn't enough time in the day.  That is one problem when you work 7 days a week. Or in my case, 7 nights a week.  It's nice to have a day with enough free hours to just run and enjoy! 

I booked my flight to Paris for the Paris Marathon on April 7th.  It was a marathon of phone calls because it seems to fall at a bad time for people who want frequent flyer seats using Alaska Airlines miles.  I finally found one flight through British Airways that has an additional fuel charge of over $400. My 'free flight' ended up costing about $650.  But it was better than paying full price which was about $1000 more.  I will end up donating that $1000 savings to my fundraising page, based on how many donations I have been getting.  But what could be better than Paris in the springtime!

After the marathon I plan to hop the train, visit Lourdes, France, then head to St Jean Pied de Port, France and walk the 500 mile Camino de Santiago pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, Spain. I will be home again in time to return to Deadhorse for the month of June. That's one way to miss out on spring breakup in Alaska!

This is why I run on the treadmill and not outdoors right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment