Saturday, April 4, 2020

Valley Thaw Out Virtual Half Marathon

The Valley Thaw Out Races were supposed to be today.  They had several distances.  I had chosen the half Marathon since they didn't have the option of a full marathon.  But they were all canceled because of the Corona Virus pandemic.  Happy Malamute Runners sent us all our race bibs, and cute wooden hand made medal and a really nice hooded sweatshirt even though the races were canceled.

They suggested that we run our chosen distance alone, wherever we wanted, then post something about it on their Facebook page.  I have been dealing with a slight sore throat and cough for a few days and am hoping it's just a mild cold.  But I couldn't resist trying to run my half marathon distance.  There is so much snow in my yard so at first I tried to do loops around my yard along my trail using my snowshoes.  The trail is about a quarter mile long.  After taking nearly one hour to complete one mile, I decided I didn't feel like doing that for 13 hours!

So I changed to my running shoes and ran the next 12 miles along Wolverine Road.  I wasn't feeling my greatest and the hills on that road are killers. I was really struggling the last couple of miles.  But I made it and completed my 13.1 miles.  I sure look forward to the day when the pandemic is a thing of the past and life can get back to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment