Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Butte Climb

It looked like rain but wasn't quite ready to start coming down.  So I decided to hike up the Butte. It was very muddy with wet snow patches.  I'd forgotten about all those steps.  Without them it would have been impossible to hike up through all of that mud.  The view wasn't quite what I had hoped for once I reached the top.  It was so cloudy that most of the mountain tops were obscured.  But I did have a good view of Knik Glacier.  I was surprised to see quite a few hikers on such a gloomy day. At times, since the trail and steps are so narrow, it was difficult to maintain that required 6 foot distance as we passed.

It was nice, but a little windy.  I didn't hang out up there very long.  I was very happy that it didn't start raining until after I got home.


No comments:

Post a Comment