Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Crevasse Moraine Trails

It's been a long time since I've hiked or skied the Crevasse Moraine Trails.  I always seem to get lost there. I am registered for a series of virtual runs each month through August. They are all trails and we can run them any time during the given month.  The one for April is a course on the Crevasse Moraine Trail system.  They put a map of the course on Map My Runs, but the map doesn't list the trail names.  I had a hard time deciding which trails would make the actual route. I looked at my GPS tracing from my phone and can see where I missed an important turn. It's quite a quagmire of trails running through that place. I did cover the correct mileage distance though. The actual course is 3.65 miles. I covered 3.8 miles.  It was mostly slush, with areas of ice and occasional large puddles, plus very steep hills.  I wore my hiking boots with grippers because the conditions were not good for any kind of running shoes.



My Route
Their Route
It looks like I was correct to about the halfway point.  But I needed to make a right turn onto the Expressway Trail and rejoin the Outer Trail.  Instead, I kept going then joined the Big Bend Trail. I had to wander around a little to finally get back to the trailhead.  I think I'll try it again in a day or two now that I understand where it was supposed to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment