Sunday, April 19, 2020

5 Mile Ski at Archangel Valley

I took a long time motivating myself to even get out of the house.  It was a dreary looking day and forecast to rain.  First I took a drive up Buffalo Mine Road to try to figure out where the other Palmer Moose Trail Trailhead is.  I think I found it but probably won't know for sure until summer when the snow is gone.  There wasn't a trail sign there like there is at the Wendt Road Trailhead. There were a couple of snow machine tracks where Murphy Road was blocked by a snow berm. So I assume they were on the actual trail.

Since I was on the road and my skis were on the car, I just continued on up to Archangel Valley and went skiing. It was quite quiet up there with only a couple of other skiers. The snow was very wet but still good skiing in spite of the flat light. I just skied to the bridge and back beating the rain that was happening in the valley.




No comments:

Post a Comment