Monday, March 30, 2020

Twin Peaks Trail Hike

I was thinking of skiing at Eklutna Lake today.  But when I got there I found the Lakeside Trail looked kind of icy. So instead I just put my ice grippers on my snow boots and hiked up the Twin Peaks Trail. It was perfect, hard packed and easy to walk on until the last part near the upper bench.  Hikers had post holed through there so it was a little rough.  But I made it all the way to the second bench.  It was nice and calm, which was a relief after the 50 to 70 mph winds going on down in Palmer. It felt great to get out of the house and into the outdoors instead of being stuck in the house all day during the covid19 pandemic.  The governor encourages us to get outside as long as we keep our distance from other people.  So, I'm just obeying orders!  I did see several other hikers, but it wasn't very busy for such a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment