Friday, March 11, 2016

5 More Miles

I got my new Altra Olympus 2 shoes, 1/2 size larger than the first pair.  I ran 5 miles on the treadmill with them and they were perfect.  It's really amazing that I need shoes 2 full sizes larger than my street shoes for these running shoes. The first pair were short enough that I was hitting the end with my toes as I ran.  I could see after a few runs that I would end up losing toenails if I ran a marathon in them.  But these new ones were great and my toes didn't hit the end while I ran. So getting them was a really good move.

I watched the news while I was running because there is a TV in front of the treadmill. I was pretty horrified by what I was watching. The current presidential campaign is horrific, and during yet another of Donald Trump's campaign rallies, violence broke out between protesters and his supporters.  It sickens me that someone is running for president who daily promotes violence, hate and racism.  I just hope that in the end he is not the candidate who becomes our next president.  I can only predict disaster for our country if he is elected. It makes me really sad.  I want to live in a peaceful world, not a violent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment