Tuesday, March 1, 2016

5 Miles On The Treadmill

I'm back up in Deadhorse now and as usual, in March, it is blowing and icy cold.  No venturing outdoors here this time of year. So I had to force myself to use the treadmill.  I am breaking in my new Altra running shoes.  Even though they are 1 1/2 sizes larger than my regular shoes, and the same size as all of my previous running shoes, I think they might be just a tiny bit too short.  My toes seem to touch the end when I run.  I'm going to order the next half size and see if they feel any better.  Considering all of the marathons on my upcoming two month break, plus the 250 mile walk along the Via Di Francesco in Italy, I sure don't want to end up losing all of my toenails.  But other than that, the wider toe box of these shoes is great.  My sore toe from the LA Marathon has finally healed and these shoes don't cause it to hurt, or tend to produce blisters and corns and the agony that I got from my Hokas.  I really like these shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment