Saturday, January 8, 2022

West Butte Trail Climb

 It's been blowing hard for days here in Palmer.  Parts of the Valley are an actual disaster area.  My power was out for 4 days. I just have dozens of trees down but no actual property damage. It's still gusting to at least 50 miles an hour at my house. But I heard the Butte area was calm.  So I met with my friend, Pam and after a quick lunch we decided to hike up the Butte.  It's very icy and the sharpest ice spikes are a necessity. But we had no trouble hiking up the icy steps with our little dogs.  The last time I climbed the Butte, I could hardly stand up on the top due to high winds.  But today it was calm the entire way.  Such a contrast to what has been happening at my house. It's a very short hike, only about 2 1/2 miles round trip but it does climb up to over 800 feet.  It's a nice hill climb workout.  Pam and I really enjoyed ourselves and we could tell that our dogs did too.  In a couple of places I had to pick up my little dog because she was sliding down on the ice.  I kept her on her leash and had to concentrate hoping she didn't pull me off my feet, especially on our way back down.  She does like to run all the way back down.  

Pam & the dogs

Baby & Me

View from the Top


No comments:

Post a Comment