Thursday, January 13, 2022

Anchorage Coastal Trail

 I had to go to Anchorage today to pick up my race bib for the Frosty Bottom Half Marathon on Saturday. Since I brought the dog with me, I wasn't planning on leaving her in the car while I took care of that and did a little shopping. So we went over to Westchester Lagoon and did a little 2 mile walk/run combination along the Coastal Trail.  It was snow covered but not icy, and was quite comfortably warm at right around freezing. We mostly had the section that I chose to use, all to ourselves.  We did see a couple of runners and one cross country skier.  But if we had taken the other fork in the trail towards Kincaid, we would need to deal with dozens of fast skate skiers that had gone flying by us. We only saw a couple of dogs just before we got back to the car, which made for a nice fairly quiet no-barking trek.  The conditions were so nice, and I hope they are just as nice on Saturday because that race is also on the Coastal Trail and the Chester Creek Trail. The conditions were perfect for running today.



No comments:

Post a Comment