Saturday, January 15, 2022

Frosty Bottom Half Marathon

 I originally planned to do the full marathon but realized that with the 1300 foot elevation gain and snow-covered trails, plus a marginal time limit, I switched to the half marathon. It turned out to be a wise decision. The trail was in good condition but I still had some trouble dealing with about 4 inches of slippery snow.  I came in last but I didn't mind since I am 25 years older than the next youngest person. I loved getting to run with friends for the last couple of miles. I was totally alone for most of the race.  I did have one scare when a moose charged a skier with a loose dog close behind me. Fortunately, the moose was just bluffing and everyone was safe. I sure wish I could pick up the pace!



No comments:

Post a Comment