Monday, January 10, 2022

Twin Peaks Trail

 Still blowing hard at home. Once again only an extremely short walk for the dog.  I gathered her up and we drove up to Eklutna Lake.  There were only a couple of cars there so we had the place to ourselves.  Instead of the Lakeside Trail we climbed the Twin Peaks Trail, which is probably my favorite trail around here.  There was only enough time to make it to the first bench and the beautiful lookout over the lake. It was delightfully calm and not even very cold.  The thermometer in my car said 17 degrees in the parking lot. I warmed up quickly because the trail gets quite steep. The conditions were great, with hard packed snow and no ice. But I did wear my micro spikes to keep from slipping, especially on the way down with Baby pulling with all of her might. I love this trail because it's steep enough to always give a good workout, even if I only go to the first bench.  On longer days you can hike many miles up along the ridge to Pepper Peak.  I need to leave that for another day with more daylight.  We got down after sunset as it was.






No comments:

Post a Comment