Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Gold Mint Trail

 It has really warmed up around here today.  Just 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Baby and I did a short hike up at Gold Mint Trail in Hatcher Pass.  There is about 4 inches of new snow on the trail, so Baby wanted to go back to the car after a few feet.  I picked her up and put her in my backpack and kept going.  It was beautiful and peaceful and we had the trail all to ourselves.  Once I turned around at mile 1 to return, the dog got restless so I let her walk back. She was suddenly quite fine with the few inches of snow. She basically ran the entire way back.  We did meet one woman with 3 huge German Shepherds that were running loose.  I grabbed barking wiggling Baby up in my arms as the lady struggled to capture her dogs.  Baby made the usual fool of herself in a barking frenzy until we were safely past them. It's amazing how much noise one tiny chihuahua can make! 

It was a lovely little hike.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment