Thursday, January 27, 2022

Archangel Road Skate Ski

 Today was perfect weather to go up to Hatcher Pass and practice with my skate skis.  I'm still struggling with them, but am starting to get the idea.  Baby was with me, but wasn't terribly interested in walking the 2 miles to the bridge.  I ended up carrying her in my backpack the whole way.  I found that carrying 8 pounds on your back is not helpful while learning to skate ski.  But it was still pretty pleasant just being out there in the fresh air.  Once I reached the bridge and turned around, my backpack passenger started getting restless. So I let her out and she happily ran us all the way back to the car.  It's mostly a gentle downhill back to the road, so I had a lot better luck working on my skate skiing.  It seems to be a much better workout than classic cross country skiing.  It feels a lot more like simply running on skis. I'm going to concentrate on using those skis as much as possible for the rest of the winter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment