Friday, December 31, 2021

Matanuska Lake Trails

 It's snowing but very peaceful. Baby and I met with our friend, Pam and after a quick snack at Vagabond Blue's, we went to the Matanuska Lake Trailhead and went for a nice snowy hike. We had some trouble finding the exact trail we had planned to use, because others had broken trail, but not on the trail we expected.  We ended up going in an interesting unexpected loop and found ourselves right back where we had started.  But it was so nice that we simply repeated it. It's always so quiet and peaceful while the snow is falling.  Halfway through the second loop, Baby started having some trouble.  It doesn't take much snow to cover chihuahua feet, so they were getting cold.  I picked her up and put her in my pack and she rode the rest of the way on my front so she could see where we were going.  It was so nice to have someone to hike with instead of my usual solo hikes.  Pam and I caught up on the last month of our lives as we walked through the snow. The last hike of 2021. Maybe we will hike next year, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment