Saturday, November 30, 2019

Boycott Black Friday Day 2

I knew when I woke up this morning that I was not fully recovered from yesterday's race.  But I wanted to see how far I could get today.  We had the same course as yesterday and the conditions were about the same.  It was a bit colder though, so there wasn't as much standing water.  My feet didn't get as wet. I was the first person to start because I got there before 8.  At first I felt great and ran the first two laps.  But I was still not running at a very fast speed.  My back was aching again and even a double dose of ibuprofen wasn't killing that pain. By the third lap it was really getting annoying.  The exhaustion from yesterday started to come back.  So by the time I was part way along the 4th lap, I knew it was time to stop.  I just got to a point where it was too much effort to even lift my feet and walk slowly.  I considered just taking a rest by the fire than going out again.  But I decided it might be best to just go home and rest, and be happy with 10 miles.  I still have one more day.  So maybe tomorrow I'll feel more like at least trying again for 10 laps.

But if I get that exhausted again I'll just quit when I feel ready.   I don't want to wear myself out completely because next weekend, I have the Honolulu Marathon.  I definitely want to enjoy and finish that one.  This series is just for fun and quite the challenge. I'm learning how to run in deep snow on uneven terrain, and it's tough!


No comments:

Post a Comment