Sunday, November 10, 2019

Mainly Marathons Southwest Series Day 1

This is the first day of my two week marathon adventure.  First I'm running 6 marathons in 6 states in 6 days.  Then on to Bakersfield, California for the Bakersfield Marathon.  Then a week later on to Tulsa, Oklahoma for the Route 66 Marathon.

Today was the first day, in Farmington, New Mexico.  It was very cold and fairly high elevation.  It  was a lovely loop course, mostly along a beautiful river.  I really hoped to get some sort of decent time, but as usual, on these races, my time was very slow.  It's just too easy to end up chatting with friends or lingering for too long at the single food and water table. I could also tell the long flight from Anchorage to Albuquerque the day before was a contributing factor to my less than energetic performance.  But it was fun and not my slowest ever.  In fact, it was faster than my usual Mainly Marathons runs.


No comments:

Post a Comment