Sunday, November 24, 2019

Route 66 Marathon

Today was the last day of my 8 marathon adventure.  It was a fantastic fun race with so many Marathon Maniacs.  It was icy cold at the start but by the time I crossed the finish line it was 70 degrees.  There was enough wind that I was not sorry that I kept my windbreaker on the entire time.  The course was very hilly.  None of the hills were very steep but they just seemed to keep coming and coming.  I think the downhills saved me from taking too long.  I was just over 6:30, partly because I added the Center of the Universe detour for an extra .3 miles.  They call that the world's shortest ultra marathon.  I'm not sure I'd actually consider it to be an ultra marathon, but it was kind of fun to run up to that odd monument and claim my little medallion.

I was first in my age bracket.  There were only 4 of us in that bracket though.  But at least I wasn't the last person scrambling to beat the time limit.  There were several hundred runners who finished behind me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment