Monday, November 11, 2019

Mainly Marathons Southwest Series Day 2

It was a fairly easy 50 mile drive from Farmington to Durango, Colorado for the second day of the series.  Today is also a little milestone fore me.  It marks my 50th marathon with Mainly Marathons.  I never thought I would ever have that many of their runs.  But I do really enjoy them.  I love Durango and the whole surrounding area.  It's very beautiful and also about 7000 feet elevation.  I am hoping to get some altitude training for my upcoming Mt. Aconcagua climb in January. 
I stayed in a gorgeous historic hotel and got a much needed good night's sleep.

Today was another chilly run, starting in the high 20's.  I got pretty chapped and wind burned.  I may have to resort to wearing leggings.  I did wear them yesterday and found them to be very uncomfortable.  Today's race was another pleasant run along the Animas River.  I was just as poky slow as yesterday.  It seems like I just can't force myself to ignore all the wonderful distractions, like my friends and lots of food, and simply run hard. But I do feel like I'm getting a good workout.


I earned a little plaque for completing 50 marathons with Mainly Marathons.  I'll take it home and hang it next to the one I got after 25.  I wonder, will I one day have one for 100?


No comments:

Post a Comment