Sunday, November 17, 2019

Bakersfield Marathon

I got a nice little break after driving 240 miles from Nipton to Bakersfield.  I slept almost the entire day yesterday, recovering from the last 6 marathons.  I did get up and go to the expo. I was a bundle of nerves with this one.  It actually has a 6:30 time limit.  That is usually plenty of time for me, but I wasn't sure after a week of marathons with only one rest day.

The temperature was perfect for most of the race.  At the start I was freezing but it quickly warmed up.  I thought it was a really nice race with a pleasant course.  It was ia nice sunny day with just the right amount of breeze to keep me comfortable.

It was also fun seeing several friends who had also run the Southwest Series.  Plus I got to see Keith who I met last April in Beijing, China during my first attempt at running the Great Wall.  We have been chatting on Facebook Messenger ever since China!

A few photos before the race start

Keith & Me
Clyde & Kelly
Clyde, Ed, Kelly, Me & Keith
Beginning
My Happy Finish




No comments:

Post a Comment