Friday, November 15, 2019

Mainly Marathons Southwest Series Day 6

Now for the last day of the Southwest Series.  Lots of fun with friends.  The amazing runners who I get to see on these races are the best part.  With no time limit, I have time to visit and cheer each other on, without the stress of a time limit.  There are so many inspirational people who have run incredible numbers of races.  I am always in awe of them.

Today we ran in the desert in Nipton, California.  The course was a rough old road with so many different surfaces.  Sometimes rocks, then gravel, then broken asphalt. Everyone was tripping and falling.  I almost feel 4 different times but luckily was able to catch myself in time.  There were a few minor injuries and one poor girl broke her collarbone.  I enjoyed the day but was glad to see the end of that course.

Below are some of the wonderful people I love t run with

Tricia

Ila

Pascal

Stacey who puts us all to shame! She never gives up.

Fascinating mosaic octopus of Nipton
The medal with all 6 ststes

No comments:

Post a Comment