Sunday, December 1, 2019

Boycott Black Friday Day 3

What a gorgeous spectacular day to be outdoors!  It snowed about 4 or 5 inches last night and was still snowing lightly most of the day,  I felt a little better today but still gave up sooner than I had hoped.  I ended up running only 7 laps when I hoped to run at least 8 or if things went well, 10.  But towards the end of lap 7 I started getting dizzy and even ended up vomiting.  I took that as a cue to call lap 7 the last one!  I ran an extra .6 miles to bring my total for the 3 day series to an even 50 miles. 

This has been extremely tough for me.  I'm just not used to running in snow.  It's slippery because of the ATV ruts, so I spent lots of time just trying to keep my balance.  After the first lap, I grabbed my ski poles and ran/walked the whole way using them to help with my balance.  I have had very painful low back pain for the whole three days.  The poles definitely helped to keep me steady.

I loved this race and plan to do it every year if I'm home.  Happy Malamute Running is a fabulous local running organization and I always love their races.  They also put on the Hatcher Pass and Archangel Marathons that I ran this summer.  They gave us special gifts each day for running.  Friday we got a Malamute hat, Saturday some holiday socks and today a very soft blanket.  Nice gifts to keep us warm after being out in the snow for three days!




No comments:

Post a Comment