Monday, December 2, 2019

Palmer Happy Run

It was snowing so hard at my house that I seriously questioned whether I really wanted to go do a 5 mile run in the dark. But it was a wonderful run.  It's cold, about 25 degrees but dead calm and it was snowing fairly hard the whole 5 miles.  In places the snow was getting kind of deep and in other spots quite slippery.  So I was even slower than I usually am.  But I really didn't care. It was a great workout and just magical being out there in the quiet darkness with the falling snow.  There were only a couple other runners who chose to do the 5 mile long run, and they quickly passed me. So I was basically alone the whole time.  I like the wild and free feeling of running alone in the dark in a snowstorm.  It's a beautiful sensation.


No comments:

Post a Comment