Monday, June 27, 2016

Short Short Run

I kind of messed up my run today.  First I tried to drive down the road because the weather was nasty. But I reached a flagger and what looked to be a long wait for a pilot car. So I turned around. I've been a little hesitant to run directly from the hotel, knowing that the bear is still hanging around.  So I decided to drive part way around the lake and just run the north shore.  But it turned out to be colder than I thought and after only 2 miles and a lot of mud building up on my shoes, I called it a day at only 2 miles.  But it was fun.  I saw a couple of swans and lots of birds.  I'll be home in a few days then I won't have to worry about the bear or the cold.  I'll be heading to Portland for the Stars & Stripes Marathon the day after I get home anyway.  I'm looking forward to being able to just run without fear of being eaten by a hungry bear.  Although that bear seemed to be pretty disinterested in me or anyone for that matter.

Now that I have to go to work, the weather ha cleared up and it's beautiful!


Here is a video the DOT guys took of the bear I ran into the other day.  He's very cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment