Friday, June 3, 2016

Colleen Lake

I took a couple of days off to catch up on my sleep, adjust to the combination of jet lag, night shift, and stiffness from the 14 marathons I did in May.  But today I got out there and did my favorite Deadhorse run, all the way around Colleen Lake for my 5 miles.  I was still kind of tired though. But I feel amazing now that I'm back.  I loved hearing and seeing the geese flying over.  The lake is still pretty much frozen, and oddly there was very little traffic.  Usually at this time of day there are lots of trucks.  So it was quite peaceful.  I was expecting to find a lot of mud but since it was right at freezing, the surface was still firm. It felt so good just to be out of this building and into the fresh Arctic air.


I want to try to stay motivated this month because I should be able to avoid runs on the treadmill. It's just so much better to be able to run outdoors. I don't have as much free time as I would like during my months up here at work, but I'm going to try to get as much good training in as possible so I'll be ready for the next marathons on my agenda.  It's easy to get lazy up here. The 24 hours of daylight really helps with motivation though.

No comments:

Post a Comment