Thursday, May 19, 2016

New England Series Day 5 Rhode Island

Day 5 brings us to Rhode Island and the pleasant Coventry Center Park.
It's definitely getting greener now.  These trees all have their leaves. Rhode Island is such a small state that I've heard many people having trouble even finding a race to run here.  So it is nice to have the chance to run Rhode Island. I was really poking along at 8 hours again though. I'm sure not breaking any speed records on these races.  I have to wonder if they are really being a good workout or if the are just not much more than long walks.  But by the end of each one, I can hardly stand up. So I must be making some progress in fitness. I find it's actually more difficult to take 8 hours versus taking only 5 or 6 hours.  Even if you are just walking, you are still spending that much more time n your feet.  I really prefer running to walking and try to limit the amount of time that I spend walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment