Sunday, May 8, 2016

Independence Series Day 5 New York

Finally the last day of the Independence Series. This was a crazy course that zig zagged back and forth so that we were passing each other several times.  I thought it was kind of a fun course, around a track, through a barn and back again for 20 laps. I was a lot faster on this one. It was totally flat which definitely speeds things up.  I was still not breaking any speed records at 7:47.  It is nice to be done with races for a few days.  I plan to drive up through the New England states and do some sightseeing before I begin the next series which has 7 marathons 7 states in 7 days.  I have about a week to recover from this series before I start the next one.


I love the medals when you do a complete series.  Each day you get a new state to attach to the big medal.  They are really cute and that is one reason I like to run the entire series even if I don't particularly need all of the states.

Here is the finishers medal for the whole Independence Series.


No comments:

Post a Comment