Thursday, March 5, 2015

6 Miles

Started out very slow and sluggish and wondering if I would even make it through the first mile.  But around mile 4 suddenly I got a second wind and forced myself to gradually speed up to my desired speed.  I felt pretty good. Maybe the magic number is mile 4.  It's really hard for me to get motivated to head down to the treadmill, but once I get there I usually am really glad I did it. 

I now have 7 marathons on my upcoming agenda for this year.  April Bunbury, Australia. May Cincinnati Flying Pig for Team In Training, followed by Fargo, ND the next weekend. Then on May 24th I will celebrate my birthday at the Coeur D'Alene Marathon in Idaho. So far nothing scheduled for July but August 8th off to Kenya for the Maasai Marathon followed by the Anchorage Big wild Life Marathon on the 16th. October 4th I will head to Jersey in the UK for the Jersey Marathon with the Marathon Globetrotters.

With all of that in my future, it is best to find the motivation to head down to that treadmill when I am up here in Deadhorse where it is impossible to run outdoors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment