Wednesday, December 31, 2014

7 Continents!

I didn't have a chance to run today because it is fly home day.  But while at work tonight I have been kind of busy creating training incentives.

First I joined the Seven Continents Marathon Club.  I already have run marathons in North America, Asia, and Europe.  But I still have a small collection that I am missing. So first I signed up for the Maasai Marathon in Kenya.  It's with Marathon Tours and includes some exciting extra Africa adventures.  But I still didn't have anything planned for February and was hoping to find something in South America because I already have registered for Bunbury in Australia.

The only one that looked possible was Punta Arenas, Chile, and it is in February.  But it is part of a two marathon package that includes Antarctica.  I had attempted to register for it a few days ago but the registration link didn't seem to take me there.  But I gave it another try.  This time it did work. It's really expensive but I decided it was worth every penny.  So, took a deep breath and signed up.

Now I have 7 marathons and the last 4 continents on my agenda for 2015.  I guess I won't be bored!  Hopefully I will be in good shape by the end of the year!

I don't have a run scheduled for July so maybe I can still sneak in a climb of Mt Fuji that month.

No comments:

Post a Comment