Monday, December 8, 2014

5 Miles on the Treadmill Again

I found some lively music from a post to the Americans on the Camino Facebook page, downloaded the album and found the ambition I needed to run.  It was really hot in the exercise room though.  I wish there was some kind of air movement in that place, at least near the treadmill. But compared to the -20 temperatures outside, I don't want to complain too much!  At least there is a place to run indoors.  This month I've really been missing outdoor running and walking.  There is none of that up here in the winter.  Although sometimes I feel like I should just wake myself up in the middle of the day when there actually is some twilight, and go for a short walk.  I'm not so sure about even a short run out there on the ice covered road, but a walk sure would feel good.  I've been surfing around for more marathons for next year.  I feel some attraction to a couple in Italy in February, but have not committed to any of them yet.  I need to commit more to just dragging myself out of bed in time to run on the treadmill!  I'm feeling very lazy this month.

But cancer isn't going to wait for me to drum up some ambition, so I'll try to keep myself motivated, keeping the cause of finding a cure, high in my thoughts. 

As the year draws to a close, this is a good time to get in another tax deduction. Click on the picture below and let's put an end to this disease forever. 

http://www.race4cancer.org/
End Cancer Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment